Rolf D. Kruger
Primarily focusing his practice on family law, Rolf D. Kruger was certified by the State Bar of California as a family law specialist in 2004. His compassion for his clients and persistence in negotiations and litigation are the qualities that differentiate him in the field of family law.
Mr. Kruger assists his clients through the most complex of divorce cases, handling everything from child custody disputes and move away issues, to complicated property ownership issues.
Mr. Kruger has an undergraduate degree in Finance from Santa Clara University where he excelled in accounting. Prior to law school he worked for Dean Witter which later merged with Morgan Stanley. Since receiving his law degree, he has remained fluent in accounting, tax and complex financial issues, including venture funding and crypto currencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other alt coins). His varied experience benefits his own clients in high-asset divorce cases and he also consults on other matters when a more experienced authority is needed to offer crypto currency advise.
Mr. Kruger’s commitment to excellence for his clients is evident in his multitude of awards and recognitions.
Each year since 2008, Mr. Kruger was named a family law Super LawyerTM, a distinction reserved for the top 5% of attorneys in Northern California. In 2014, Super LawyersTM ranked Mr. Kruger in the elite Top 100 attorneys over all practice areas in Northern California.
Mr. Kruger received the AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Preeminent® rating is a significant accomplishment, indicating that Mr. Kruger was deemed by his peers to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards and legal ability. He is also ranked a perfect 10.0 by AVVO.com, a website that uses several resources including client reviews to rate attorneys.
Over his career, Mr. Kruger has received various other legal awards and recognitions for his excellent legal representation of his clients.
In 2010, Rolf Kruger was appointed by the Board of Governors of the California State Bar to serve as Commissioner for the Family Law Advisory Commission (FLAC). He was named Vice Chair of FLAC in 2013 and Chair in 2014. In his role on the Family Law Advisory Commission, Mr. Kruger utilized his extensive legal knowledge to revise and draft the legal specialist exam for family law attorneys to obtain their Family Law Specialist certification.
Mr. Kruger is a member of the State Bar of California, as well as the Santa Clara County and San Mateo County Bar Associations. Prior to joining the State Bar of California in 1995, he practiced in Oregon, an equitable distribution state.
Mr. Kruger also serves as a judge pro tem for the Santa Clara County Superior Court in divorce and family law matters. Serving as an unbiased third party and judging the legal arguments of various family law attorneys is an invaluable experience that enables Mr. Kruger to better represent his clients in his law practice.
BS, Santa Clara University, Leavey School of Business, 1991
JD, Willamette University College of Law, 1994
Mr. Kruger is a graduate of Willamette University College of Law in Salem, Oregon with a three-year Trustee Scholarship. He earned his J.D. in 1994, as well as a Certificate in Dispute Resolution. The Willamette University Center for Dispute Resolution at the College of Law has been rated as one of the top five dispute resolution programs in the country by U.S. News and World Report. While attending Willamette University College of Law, Mr. Kruger was the President of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity.
Mr. Kruger received his Bachelor of Science in finance in commerce from Santa Clara University’s Leavey School of Business in 1991. While attending SCU, he was honored by the international business honor society, Beta Gamma Sigma, and chaired the Theta Chi Fraternity Alumni Committee.
Born and raised in San Mateo County, Mr. Kruger fills his spare time with family and traveling.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Areas of Practice
- Family law
- Complex Divorce
Certified Legal Specialties
- Legal Specialist in Family and Divorce Law, State Bar of California, 2004
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- J.D. – 1994
- Honors: Three-Year Trustee Scholarship
- Honors: Certificate in Dispute Resolution
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, President
- Santa Clara University, Leavey School of Business
- B.S. – 1991
- Honors: International Business Honor Society, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Honors: Theta Chi Fraternity Alumni Committee, Chair
- Major: Finance/Commerce
Honors and Awards
- Family law Super Lawyer for the past six years
- Elite Top 100 Attorneys in Northern California, Super Lawyers, 2014 – Present
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Ranked a perfect “10″, Avvo.com
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- Palo Alto Area Bar Association, Member
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- California State Bar, Family Law Advisory Commission, Board of Governors, 2012 – Present
- California State Bar, Family Law Advisory Commission, Board of Governors, Vice Chair, 2012 – 2013
- California State Bar, Family Law Advisory Commission, Board of Governors, Chair, 2014 – Present
- State Bar of California, State Bar Family Law Advisory Commission, 2009 – Present
- State Bar of California, Vice president for the state board, 2011 – Present
- State Bar of California, Chair, 2013 – 2014